All you need is love and lot's of ice cream - remember that all the time!
It's always tasty to go for a walk and eat ice cream in an ice cream parlor. But it's great to be home and create homemade ice cream with someone special and inspiring - it's a way to create something with love. That is why this weekend I wanted to learn from my mother how to make homemade ice cream with an original twist.
- 1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp. cream cheese
- ½ cup of condense milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tbsp of your favorite fruit flavor marmalade or chocolate syrup
- 1 box of lady fingers (12ct.)
- ¼ cup of brewed coffee
- 2 tbsp. rum
- ½ cup nuts, cut fruits, or chocolate chips for decoration
- Before taking out all the ingredients, put the handles of the mixer and a big bowl in the freezer. Let them freeze between 30mins and an hour (the cold temperature helps with the mixing process.
- Take out items, set mixer and bowl, and pour all the heavy whipping cream in the frozen bowl in order to mix it. Start mixing and continue doing so until it thickens.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese with the condense milk.
- Add the teaspoon of vanilla into the thickened whipping cream. Mix it together.
- Add the cream cheese/condense milk mixture into the whipping cream – little by little – while mixing everything together. Mix everything until a thick mixture is formed.
- Add your chosen flavor into the mix and stir everything with a spatula. Leave to rest for a while.
- Combine the coffee and the rum in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Choose a rectangular glass bowl to set up this homemade ice cream. Add 2 tablespoon full of the whipping cream mixture into this rectangular glass bowl and spread evenly.
- Dip the lady fingers in the coffee/rum mix and pile them one against the other on the rectangular glass bowl.
- Add the rest of the whipping cream mixture on top of the lady fingers and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the nuts or cut fruits or chocolate chips on top for decoration.
- Cover this homemade ice cream with a twist with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer.
- Leave at least 5hrs in the freezer.
After it freezes and sets in - Voilá! you can enjoy a delicious ice cream with an original twist made at home. Hope you make this frozen dessert (or any similar variety of homemade ice cream) and leave a comment below.
Let’s share ideas! This is another way of celebration National Ice Cream Month and it’s definitely a way of enjoying a nice frozen treat at home during this hot Summer season.