"Eat Well, Live Well, Be Well" - Author Unknown.
It's been a year - or maybe 2 years - since I decided to just add healthier options into my eating habits. Although it has been small options & very small changes, I have discovered that I can choose some options to add to my eating habits and probably substitute other dishes for a day or so.
And along with some healthy options, I have included vitamins and natural supplements that can help me feel good inside.
All this healthy food and beverage discussion take me to mention one of my favorite smoothies. This is a delicious smoothie I like to call: My Reddish Greenish Banana Smoothie.
- 1 cup of strawberries & blueberries
- ½ cup of pineapples and kiwis
- ½ cup dragon fruit
- I recommend the Pitaya Foods Plant Power brand. Fresh fruit and it comes cut in cubes.
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup spinach
- 2 cups of water
- 3 cups of coconut water
- I recommend the Vita Coco brand. A handy & really fresh option.
- 4 tbsp Flax Seeds (ground seeds)
- I love the 365 Everyday Value brand from Whole Foods Market
- 2 stick packs of Probiotic
- I have been using the Balance within Probiotic by Nutrilite and my digestive system has been happy.
- Chop the strawberries, kiwis, and bananas.
- Add half the fruits and all the spinach plus all the liquid in a blender and mix on HIGH for a minute.
- Add the rest of the fruits plus the flaxseed and the probiotics and mix on HIGH for another minute.
- Serve in a small glass and enjoy!
This is a quick & healthy smoothie I wanted to share with others, especially so you can have a fresh & healthy option good enough for these Summer days.
It's delicious all the way! I keep some of the fridge and the freezer - this way I can maintain it throughout the week and enjoy as much as possible.
Sometimes I drink a large glass (12 ounces) of this smoothie to substitute a meal (normally breakfast) or have a small amount (4 ounces) as a side complement to a small breakfast. You can do the same in order to maintain this delicious smoothie good throughout a few days.